A company that specialise in metal recycling is seeking to recruit a Process & Project Development Engineer to work on a permanent basis from their West Bromwich site.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Develop agreed process design concepts into deliverable projects. Produce detailed:
- User specifications
- Process designs
- Specifications for plant items
- Determine appropriate procurement approach for each project, with respect to complexity, value and risk, and prepare specifications and procurement document documentation as appropriate.
- Project management and implementation of engineering solutions to the agreed specification and successful hand over of solutions to plant and operational management.
- Definition of user specifications
- Production of detailed layout drawings
- Design for safety, ease of maintenance and operation
- Define performance and general specifications for supply of plant and equipment
- Supplier tendering, selection and contracting process.
- Comparison and analysis of supplier solutions
- Project managing the implementation of engineering solutions.
- Supplier management
- Defining and carrying out performance and acceptance testing
- Managing successful handover of plant and equipment to the operations team.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting in support of continuous improvement in the efficiency of the plant and equipment.
- Solid track record in a process engineering role. Experience in recycling or other heavy industries such as mining, quarrying or other mineral processing would be beneficial, but experience in other physical processing industries such as food manufacturing is also relevant.
- Qualified as an engineer to degree level.
- Deep knowledge of mechanical engineering principles applied to physical processing, together with good electrical knowledge
- Failure Mode & Effect Analysis
- Experience of supplier management
- Experience of supplier contracting and supplier agreements.
- Experience of managing significant engineering projects in a process / manufacturing environment
For more information on this position please email your CV
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn