We are looking for a Mission and Product Assurance manager to support the growth of our Space business and support our client's ambitions to deliver new Space capabilities for the United Kingdom.
Calling upon a track record in the space domain and assurance of one or more space missions, the role involves definition, implementation and management of a fit for purpose assurance regime (managing risk, budget, timescales), and providing expert advice/consultancy and knowledge transfer with internal, third party and customer teams.
This role will be Hybrid working -the location of work is anticipated to be half time working from one of our offices and/or client site (London, Gloucester or Guildford) with the balance working from home.
You will be responsible for:
- Definition of mission assurance approach
- Definition and/or tailoring of appropriate engineering standards to meet the needs of the mission
- Establishing processes to deliver effective mission assurance
- Audit/Inspection of process implementation with a view to confirming compliance with quality procedures.
- Definition of contractual assurance requirements and ensure flowed down to suppliers/subcontractors
- Definition of assurance requirements/acceptance criteria for contractually deliverable items, and ensure flowed down to suppliers and subcos.
- Review of supplier contracts, deliverables, gate reviews; ensuring that quality standards required are being met or exceeded.
- Support to supplier design, test, manufacturing readiness reviews
- Support to supplier assembly, verification, validation and test phases
You will have:
- Understanding of ESA ECSS or other relevant industry/MOD/Space Agency standards for systems engineering and assurance
- 10 or more years' experience of space systems engineering and assurance
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn