Learning and Development Advisor - Barrow in Furness - 6 Month Contract - £45 an hour Umbrella INSIDE IR35
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence organisations based in Barrow in Furness ?(Remote work may be available).
Job Description and Core Duties
To provide advice, guidance & support to the functions, on Learning and Development and Organisation Development activities. Work to ensure that customer requirements are understood and effective development solutions are implemented in line with the L&D Strategy, to enhance individual and business performance
Delivering Results (delivers a high quality HR service in line with customer expectations and requirements)
- Be actively involved in and support the delivery of the Submarines People Strategy (of which the L&D Strategy is a part)
- Work collaboratively and integrally with XHRS to ensure timely, accurate, cost effective and efficient delivery of HR services
- HR/L&D Knowledge (is aware of HR best practice (internal and external) and uses this when designing and implementing HR interventions within the Submarines business)
- Provide L&D advice and guidance to determine customer requirements and to source & deliver appropriate development interventions
- Ensure Learning and Development processes, policies and procedures are fit for purpose and work to continually improve them in line with business requirement
- Project manage, co-ordinate & deliver development design, pilot, implementation & evaluation activity for development projects (e.g. bespoke solutions for high volume personnel)
- Manage functional training plans, ensuring compilation of both 'bottom up' and 'top down' training needs, prioritising needs against budget, under the supervision of the Head of Organisation and Capability Developmen
- Support and coach Line Management in Development Planning activity, identifying suitable development solutions and working with individuals to ensure that Development Plans are enacted and development undertaken is evaluated to assess impact on individual performance
- Actively contribute and where appropriate lead ad hoc L&D or OD projects in support of the business objectives
- Extensive experience in Learning and Development
- Awareness of cost & commercial aspects of the business
- Be able to demonstrate basic project management processes and application
- Demonstrable track record in delivery of a high quality HR service
- Graduate CIPD Qualified/ Degree Qualified or equivalent
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Packages
- Take responsibility for own continued professional development
For more information please contact Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn