A cross-industry provider of complex test systems that provides solutions to the Aerospace and Defence industry is, due to retirement, looking for a Financial Controller to join their team.
It'll depend on your experience as an Accountant / Financial Controller, but you'll immediately take on responsibility for many of the following (and you'll develop your skills whilst in the role to take on the others)
- Sales ledger management
- Purchase ledger management
- Cash Management (credit control, cash collection, bank management, cash book, cash pooling with group)
- Management accounting
- Asset management (register & depreciations)
- P&L & BS maintenance
- Financial planning
- Alerting, advising and supporting the MD in growing the company.
- Project financial performance control (Project Margin reports, hourly rates, material handling etc.)
- Continued improvement of the finance function through automation of tasks in SAGE
To succeed in this role it's essential you have experience of a similar role - you'll understand the workings of an SME and also be aware of corporate governance. Sector wise they're open although any experience of the aerospace / defence sector would certainly hold you in good stead (as would knowledge of Sage 200). Qualifications wise you'll ideally be fully qualified but part qualified would be considered. And finally - you'll have a real desire to make things happen.
In return for your skills, you'll receive a competitive salary (please ask for details on this) along with 8% pension contribution and 27 days' (plus Bank Holidays). In addition, the company is committed to both training and development along with career progression.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested please send through your CV through by clicking the "Apply Now" button
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn