Key skills for this jobC++ (2) Linux (2) Reporting (6) Engineering (23) Technology (26) Design (24) Recruitment (57) Firmware (1) Control Systems (2) Testing (7) Test (5) Integration (9) Development (25) Systems (22) Aerospace (41) Agile (2) ELECTRONIC (3) Quality (14) typhoon (1) Mod (2) ITAR (4) HELICOPTER (1) Defence (44) GIT (2) MISRA (1) Defstan (2)
With over 100 years of electronic warfare heritage, you will be working for a company providing the latest advances in aerospace technology.
Embedded Software Engineer x 2
With over 100 years of electronic warfare heritage, you will be working for a company providing the latest advances in defence and aerospace technology. They are one of the UK's leading aerospace companies and one of biggest suppliers of defence and security equipment to the UK MoD. This company delivers some of the UK's most advanced technology programmes such as the new generation radar for the RAF's Typhoon combat aircraft, Infra-Red cameras and advanced helicopter capabilities.
They are currently seeking two Embedded Software Engineers to work on a contract basis at their site in Luton.
A real-time embedded software engineer is required to support several product development streams. You will work as part of a multi-disciplined team applying your knowledge of embedded software engineering, targeting Xilinx System on Chip technologies.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
Degree level in relevant discipline and/or relevant experience in a software development environment.
* Expert knowledge of C, Modern C++ and OO design principles.
* Experience of developing software products under Linux development environments for ARM based multi-core processing platforms (eg Xilinx SoC, MPSOC and RF SoC)
* Experience in low level driver development and interface with Firmware
* Understanding and use of concepts such as Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development.
* Understanding SW best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, agile development, build processes, and testing.
* Proficient and confident with Version Control Systems including GIT.
Knowledge and Competencies
* Recent demonstrable experience Real Time Embedded SoC Software Development.
* Demonstrable experience in all areas of the software lifecycle from requirements definition through to integration and delivery.
* Proven track record in schedule adherence and performance/quality.
* Defence / EW business domain experience.
* Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 & RTCA 178B/C and restricted coding standards such as MISRA.
Key responsibility areas
* Specification, design, coding and testing of complex real-time embedded software targeting Xilinx SoC technology
* Function as part of a team including support, development, peer reviews, etc.
* Maintain schedule adherence with specific focus on cost, quality and delivery to time.
* Reporting of progress, highlighting risks, opportunities and dependencies.
Due to the nature of the work, any candidate being considered must have 5 years UK residency
In addition the candidate must be capable of achieving full SC security clearance with access to UK Eyes Only and ITAR export control information.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
Similar job vacancies
Join a world-renowned aerospace and defence organisation as a Principal Systems Engineer - Communications in Filton.
Join a world-renowned aerospace and defence organisation as a Maintenance Engineer - ILS in Portsmouth.
Join a world-renowned aerospace and defence organisation as an Information Systems Engineer in Barrow-in-Furness.
Join a world-renowned aerospace and defence organisation as a Senior Supplier Assurance Field Engineer (S.A.F.E) in Scotstoun.