Key skills for this jobReporting (43) Compliance (18) Training (62) Regulatory (7) Recruitment (375) Manager (93) Development (150) INTERNAL (54) Governance (10) Defence (282) Operational (43)
A fantastic Security Vetting Advisor role with a well respected defence organisation.
A well respected Defence organisation is currently experiencing an ongoing period of growth and success. Due to an ever increasing workload, they are currently looking to recruit a Security Vetting Advisor to join their dedicated team of technical professionals. The role is based in Barrow In Furness, Cumbria and is for an initial 6 month duration. There is an hourly rate of £45Ltd Per Hour on offer for the successful candidate. Please find the description below:
To ensure all applicable aspects of the Security Strategy and Operational Plan is delivered to schedule, individually and by the team. Provider of specialist security advice and guidance to the business and to other members of the security function as determined by any appropriate legislation and company process. Responsible for the line management of advisors where applicable. Provide an accountable point of contact for the applicable area of responsibility. Undertake active and reactive activities as required as a result of security incidents and events.* To monitor, manage and coordinate the delivery of security related services to ensure compliance with business, customer and regulatory requirements.
* Responsible for security service delivery including all procedures, audits and inspections as required by the contract or legislation.
* Responsible for leading or supporting a team to complete security requirements and services in accordance with company procedures.
* Responsible for leading a team of advisors or contractors, ensuring that they have the right level of physical or technical expertise.
* Ensure emerging issues, such as non-conformances, incidents, and breaches (dependant on area of expertise) are responded to and escalated in line with both company process, customer requirements and legislation.
* To review, amend and provide internal support to security related projects and company standards, providing training development and delivery as required.
* Deputise for the Senior Security Manager when necessary.
* Provide governance over security activities and or personnel Seek opportunities for business improvement.
* Support the development and implementation of the classified & crypto material management arrangements to delivery effective and proportionate security for the Submarines business.
* Deliver a service to ensure that all UK Security Vetting requirements are implemented across all Ten regional UK Sites.
* Deliver a service to ensure that all UK Security Vetting requirements are implemented by all key delivery and supply chain partners.
* Support the development and implementation of personnel security standards, procedures and guidelines including management of all aspects of personnel security for all programmes in line with business process and industry good practice.
* Support the Corporate Security Team on all aspects of the corporate Vetting Records System and Enhance Company Vetting Standard (inc. Case Management assessments).
* Day to day management of the personnel security team to ensure the successful implementation and delivery of the strategy.
* Review and improve personnel security work-stream related activities, programs, frameworks and functional processes aimed at developing best practices and integrating efficient security solutions to enhance the personnel security environment.
* Support readiness of all personnel security arrangements / assets to meet programme schedules including close liaison with the other departments and teams.
* Produce and ensure that all Movement Plans and risk assessment have been fully implemented, signed off and are compliant.
* Deliver the provision of personnel security and insider threat advice across all sites and on new business activities and projects.
* Co-ordinate the provision of travel security notifications, threat briefs and post travel reports in order to protect our people.
* Support the reporting and investigation of security incidents.
* Support the security culture by raising security awareness among employees and management in the local area and modelling behaviours that demonstrate company values.
* Work with all aspects of the business to establish collaborative working practices to support the integrity of personnel security management measures and that compliance with legislation and company policies are being followed.
* Be responsible for the management of highly sensitive material relating to personnel data and investigations, ensuring security and confidentiality of that material at all times.
* Previous personnel security or HR experience in a law enforcement, military, defence industry, security service or similar regulated environment
* Experience of maintaining and exploiting relevant security data and the ability to analyse information, patterns or trends in data
* Knowledge and understanding of HMG Security Policy Framework (SPF), Government Security Classifications and the Official Secrets Act
Simply click on the apply button now.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
Similar job vacancies
Join a world-renowned aerospace and defence organisation as a Typhoon Flight Certification Engineer in Warton.
Principal Structural Engineer positions for a global defence organisation based in Glasgow