Key skills for this jobC++ (11)
Multiple opportunities for creative Software Engineers on a permanent basis!
Multiple permanent opportunities for creative Software Developers / Engineers (C++) for a market leading organisation in Edinburgh.
We're looking for creative software engineers to join our award winning engineering team to solve real-life engineering problems at the cutting edge of engineering for aerospace and defence.
**We offer roles at all levels to match your skills and experience: Software Technician, Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer and Principal Software Engineer.
With a problem solving and innovative attitude you will be responsible for:
* Creating high quality and robust designs and code
* Requirements analysis
* Integrating software with the hardware target and acceptance test
* Depending on your level of experience, you may be required to supervise a small team of engineers and you will then be responsible for planning and managing the team's work
* You may have opportunities to contribute towards the investigation and analysis of leading edge development methodologies and influence the future path of software development within the group
You will have:
* Ideally a 2:1, or better, in a relevant science-based honours degree e.g. Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or Electronic Engineering (BSc (Hon)/ BEng (Hon)/ MEng).
* Experience developing software in industry, or experience of a research and development organisation
* Able to programme in an object-oriented programming language. We use C++
* Confident in Object Oriented Design and UML (Unified Modelling Language)
* Experience of developing software for a real-time embedded environment
* Familiarity with Model Driven Engineering
* Rhapsody, MatLab/Simulink, VxWorks, DOORS, Dimensions, JIRA (highly desirable but not essential)
In return, you will be offered an extremely competitive salary and an opportunity to make your mark with a clearly defined career path in a forward thinking organisation.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
Similar job vacancies
A market leader in the design and manufacture of energy management solutions is looking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer
A fantastic Software Engineer vacancy seeking somebody with knowledge of Cockpit Display Systems.
A specialist manufacturing business based in Greater Manchester are currently recruiting for a Machine Vision Principal Software Engineer
a great chance to work for a world leader in Defence engineering systems...