Key skills for this jobEngineering (196) Design (151) Programming (5) Recruitment (378) FPGA (11) Testing (37) Project (90) Verification (24) Test (34) Electronics (22) Integration (37) IT (139) Development (164) Systems (123) Mechanical (44) Aerospace (284) Schematic Capture (2) ELECTRONIC (24) Quality (71) Defence (300)
a great chance to work for a world leader in Aerospace and Defence Engineering...
Join a global high-tech Aerospace, Defence and Security company as a Hardware Engineer in Edinburgh
Would you like to work for a global business, working on cutting-edge technologies? Do you want a role with serious opportunities for progression?
Due to continued growth, this international developer of solutions for air, land, sea, space and cyberspace is looking for an experienced Hardware Engineer to work within the Electronic Warfare domain.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a people-focussed and advanced organisation, but to gain skills and experience you won't find anywhere else.
* Due to new development projects, in Edinburgh are currently recruiting for Electronics Engineers at various levels into our Gripen and Radar business.
* We are a close- knit, multi-skilled team working at the cutting edge of engineering for Aerospace and Defence.
* As Electronics Engineer you will be involved in the full hardware lifecycle for our products: from requirements analysis; through design and unit test; to integrating hardware with the target system; and lastly to acceptance test and deliver to our customer.
* You will be creating high quality and robust designs and developing mixed signal PCA Design, incorporating digital and analogue/RF techniques.
* You will fully document and record your work products, keeping them under configuration management and providing plans and progress reports.
* Working closely with Systems, Mechanical, FPGA and Software engineers you will be solving real integration problems on complex systems.
* In order to be considered for this role you will have previous experience working within a similar electronics role and level.
* You will have proven experience of Schematic Capture using Mentor Graphics DX Designer or something similar.
* It would be desirable, but not essential, to have knowledge and practical design experience of some of the following: DDS, ADCs and DACs, or low noise mixed signal devices. Exposure to de-bugging and testing new designs and supporting module and system related test, verification and integration project phases, as required by development type programming, prior to system deliveries would be advantageous.
* This role will involve the full product life cycle, so experience of delivering and supporting hardware design of complex FPGA based designs would be an advantage. .
In return, you'll receive a competitive salary with a leading benefits package that includes an award-winning pension scheme, flexible working, learning and development programmes, onsite shops and restaurant facilities and an employee discount scheme for you and your family.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Hardware Engineer please send your CV to Stella Grundy via the 'apply now' button.
***PLEASE NOTE - A start date is fast approaching so apply today!***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
Similar job vacancies
Join a global high-tech Aerospace, Defence and Security company as a Principal Systems Architect in Southampton.
As HR Business Partner you'll be responsible for delivering HR Generalist activities within a globally recognised brand
A unique opportunity to work for a globally recognised company with years of experience and focus on engineering advancements and innovation.