4 x Software Engineers are required for long term project developing software for mission planning aerospace systems.
The Software Engineer may be involved in software requirements analysis, software design, software implementation and software testing tasks.
As a Software Engineer you will report to the appropriate Team Leader
Your responsibilities may include:
- Design of technical solutions
- Software development of those solutions
- Testing involved in verifying the above
- Generation and management of requirements
You may also be required to solve internally and customer reported issues
As part of the software team you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities
The Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Completion of allocated requirements, design and implementation, and test tasks to a high standard, and within schedule and estimates
- Testing of completed functionality
- Adherence to project processes and software development practices
- Accurately reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
- Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
- Production of appropriate technical documentation
- Participation in peer reviews of own and others' work products
- Configuration of completed work
Key Qualifications & Experience
Relevant knowledge, experience and domain expertise may offset the normal qualification requirements
The candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Awareness and understanding of the full software development lifecycle, from requirements & design through to delivery
- An awareness and understanding of software development processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing), experience of development tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
A technical track record in relevant skill areas, which should include;
- Desktop-based applications (Java and Eclipse RCP or C#/C++)
Additionally, some of the following would be useful;
- Web-oriented applications and services (Java/C#, JSP, HTML, CSS, Apache middleware)
- Business intelligence/analytics tools and techniques (ETL, SQL, Python)
- Windows or Linux target environments
- Object-oriented design/development including UML
- Microsoft Visual Studio (in particular use of .Net 3.5 libraries)
- System Modelling Language (SysML))
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Unity 3D Development
- Must have a 'can do' attitude; deliver on commitments within agreed budgets and timescales
- Enjoy team dynamics
- Demonstrate a positive team spirit
- Prepared to gain full SC clearance without caveats, e.g. UK Eyes Only
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
Similar job vacancies
A market leader in the design and manufacture of energy management solutions is looking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer
Join a leading multinational aerospace and defence organisation as a Software Engineer in New Malden.
Join a leading multinational aerospace and defence organisation as a Senior Software Engineer in Samlesbury.
Software Engineers required to work on tactical data links systems deployed on operational platforms on Land, Sea and Air..