Key skills for this jobPlanning (43) Project Management (19) Reporting (45) Financial (23) Engineering (130) Recruitment (307) Manager (62) Commercial (29) Project (76) IT (101) Systems (105) Change management (10) INTERNAL (52) Quality (52) Earned Value (9) Defence (219)
A fantastic Defence Project Manager with a household name engineering organisation.
A well respected defence organisation is currently experiencing an ongoing period of growth and success. Due to an ever increasing workload, they are currently looking to recruit a Defence Project Manager to join their dedicated team of engineering professionals. The role is based in New Malden, Surrey and is for an initial 9 month duration. There is a rate of £39.57Ltd Per Hour on offer for successful candidates. Please find the description below:
Purpose of the Role:
The Project Manager will ensure the successful application of project management processes enabling the project to be delivered on time, to budget and to quality across the project lifecycle.
* Ensure the successful financial performance and risk management of the projects.
* Manage a multi-disciplinary team in a both a project and product environment.
* Manage the internal Combat Systems Customer and the wider Stakeholder group.
* Manage negotiations with Customer & Stakeholder group
* Support negotiations with Sub-Contractors.
* Deliver regular briefs at IPT and Senior Management level for the project.
* Pursue best practice and align local processes and procedures as applicable.
* Deputise for programme managers when appropriate.
Key Outputs and Deliverables:
* Monthly tier packs, including all financial and EV data.
* Key milestone status.
* Customer project progress and performance reports.
* Project resource demands, forecasts and plans to completion.
* Responses to customer change requests.
* Project Management Plan.
* Risk and opportunities register.
* Actions register.
* Review of all Proejct Mangement related deliverables.
* Maturity Status Report.
* Ad hoc project presentations.
Major Tasks and Activities:
* Chairing project meetings and directing the team accordingly, including corrective actions when required.
* Reporting project performance to senior management in accordance with project reporting cycle.
* Ensure the project adheres to the appropriate policies and processes.
* Chair CAM Reviews, consolidate and analyse data ahead of contract reporting.
* Manage project resource demands.
* Represent the project in support of all reviews and audits.
* Manage, motivate, influence and develop the project team.
* Manage project change & rapid response to customer change requests.
* Deputise for senior management as required.
Key Technical Skills:
* Extensive knowledge and experience of Project Management techniques including: resource planning and management; cost capture, analysis & forecasting; schedule planning and tracking; schedule risk analysis (SRA); risk and opportunity management, change management.
* Strong Earned Value Management (EVM) skills.
* Understand the principles of bid and estimating processes.
* Thorough comprehension of a project Change Process.
* A full understanding of Life Cycle Management.
* Proficient IT skills particularly Microsoft Office suite. Working knowledge of planning and risk tools.
* Understanding of commercial principles to represent my client in discussion with various stakeholders.
Simply click on the apply button now.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
Similar job vacancies
Join a world-renowned aerospace and defence organisation as a Lead Project Controller in Portsmouth.
Fantastic opportunity to join a global business!