Key skills for this jobRegulatory (8) Engineering (95) Design (90) Recruitment (198) Project (66) Development (103) Product Design (7) In-house (3) BOARD (6) ELECTRONIC (24) Governance (9) Chartered (7) Defence (125)
Technical Systems Lead urgently required!
Market leading Defence organisation are looking for a Chief Engineer to join their award-winning Design Integrity team (can be based in either Luton, Southampton or Bristol).
The Chief Engineer will be responsible for assisting in implementing the establishment, deployment and management of the engineering Product Governance policy and process into electronic warfare.
You will be responsible for:
* Accepting delegated authority to certify product designs on behalf of the Board, including those contracted under the Regulatory Articles (DAOS).
* Ensuring the Design Integrity of Products, either directly or by delegation to an individual independent of the project hierarchy and with the required skills
* Monitoring the engineering governance process to provide recommendations for corrective action.
* Assisting in the approval of the System Design Authorities, Product Design Authorities and Design Review Chairs.
* Understanding, for a sub-set of the Electronic Warfare Product and Project Portfolio, the Design Approval Hierarchy for each product
You will have:
* A broad engineering background is required: ideally the individual must have a wide engineering knowledge base & some product knowledge.
* A sound knowledge of current relevant standards & in-house processes is required. Detailed knowledge of product safety & regulatory standards is desirable
* Ideally have 10 years' worth of experience in the relevant areas
* A Chartered Engineer, a Member or Fellow of a recognised Engineering or Science Professional body is desirable.
* Extensive experience of the development lifecycle of complex equipment, with a background in Engineering Management, is essential. An enthusiasm for engineering
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
My client is looking for someone to start asap - if you are interested please send your CV or call me on 0161 905 7916
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
Similar job vacancies
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UK's leading Defence organisations based in Scotstoun.
Join a world-renowned aerospace and defence organisation as a Maintenance Support Assistant in Lincoln.
Avionics Specialist Systems Engineer urgently required!
a great opportunity to get your foot in the door at a growing organisation...