In light of the recent news from ADS that the UK aerospace industry posted a 4.7% increase in revenues last year, with a strong performance by the civil aerospace sector helping to offset a difficult year for the defence aerospace sector, JAM has conducted a survey on over 1,300
professionals within the industry to discover their views on the industry today.
The results from this survey will provide JAM with an insight into employment and industry trends, enabling us to provide you with relevant and realistic solutions tailored towards your industry.
- 60% felt that there is a significant skills shortage in the sector, with a particular shortage of Mechanical Engineers.
- Foreign competition out pricing UK Aerospace companies was named as the greatest risk to the sector in the next ten years.
- A large proportion of respondents think the Government doesn’t do enough to support the UK Aerospace Industry.
- Over half are unhappy with their current salary.
- Majority of professionals have over 11 years of experience within the sector, many of whom possess a Masters or Bachelors Degree.
Click here to view the full survey report:Aerospace Survey Report